Fennel and Mint Salad
Adapted from James Beard Foundation
- 2 bulbs fennel, fronds removed
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 8 large mint leaves, finely shredded
- 2 ounces shaved Parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Shave the fennel as thinly as possible, using a mandolin, a meat slicer, or by hand.
- Place the shaved fennel in a bowl and toss with lemon juice, olive oil, and salt and pepper.
- Divide the fennel among four small plates. Scatter some mint on top of each salad and garnish with shaved Parmesan.