Potato, Broccoli and Cheese Soup
Adapted from All Recipes
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 1/2 pounds peeled and cubed potatoes
- 5 cups boiling water
- 4 cubes chicken bouillon
- 3 cups fresh broccoli, cooked and drained
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- In a large stock pot saute onion in butter.
- Add potatoes, water and bouillon cubes. Cover, bring to boil and then reduce heat to medium and cook until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Remove tough outer skin of broccoli stems and cook broccoli. Once cooked add to soup.
- In a blender or food processor puree half of the soup and return to stock pot.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add cheese and heat soup through until cheese is melted. Serve warm.