Swiss Chard Tzatziki
Adapted from Martha Stewart
- 1 cup Swiss chard, stemmed and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- ¼ teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 whole-wheat pitas, cut into wedges and toasted
- Prepare an ice bath; set aside.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil.
- Add chard; cook until just tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain. Immediately plunge into ice bath to stop the cooking. Drain.
- Using a mortar and pestle, grind garlic and salt into a paste.
- Stir chard, yogurt, garlic paste, oil, lemon juice, and cayenne pepper in a medium bowl.
- Serve with pita wedges. Tzatziki can be refrigerated in an airtight container up to 1 week.