Tomato, Cucumber and Basil Salad
Adapted from Peta
- 1½ cups chopped English cucumber (about 2)
- 1½ cups grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a bowl; toss gently.
- In a small bowl, combine vinegar and next 4 ingredients. Drizzle over salad, and add basil; toss to coat.
- Let stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving.