Amaranth Stir Fry
Adapted from My Home Tastes
- Amaranth Leaves – 2 bunches or packs,pick leaves and bright pink flower buds (drain then chop finely)
- Onion – 1 large/medium sized finely chopped
- Green chili – 2 sliced
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Mustard and Chanadal – 1/2 tsp
- Oil – 2 tbsps
- Turmeric powder – 1/6 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – as per taste.
- Place a skillet or pan and add oil and heat, Drop the mustard and chanadal and fry a bit till it splutters.
- Add the chopped onion, green chilli and curry leaves and saute till onion edges turn slightly brown.
- Sprinkle the turmeric and coriander powders and stir, throw in the chopped leaves and continue stirring till it wilts and cover cook 3-4 mins on low.
- Now add garlic and salt mix well and fry 3 more mins and turn off heat.
- Move into a serving dish.