Glazed Delicata Squash
2 Delicata squash
2 medium red onions
5 cloves garlic, smashed
4 fresh thyme sprigs
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flake
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons maple syrup
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Arrange your oven racks in both the upper and lower positions and preheat to 425°F degrees.
- Wash the squash, the cut them half lengthwise. Remove the seeds with a spoon and cut into 1/3-inch thick slices.
- Remove the stem and root end of the red onions and cut in half lengthwise, then cut into 1/2-inch rings
- Place the squash, red onion, garlic, thyme, and red pepper flake in a large work bowl. Drizzle with the olive oil and maple syrup, season generously with salt and pepper, and toss to coat.
- Spread the vegetables evenly onto two rimmed baking sheets. Place in the oven, one sheet pan on the top rack and one on the bottom. Bake for 15 minutes then shake the pans to toss and switch positions; top pan is replaced on the bottom and vice versa. Bake for another 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, season again with more salt and pepper, to taste. Enjoy.