Tomato and Cantaloupe Salad with Coriander Lime Vinaigrette
for the Salad
- 4 cups heirloom cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cucumber, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups cantaloupe, cubed
- 8 ounces feta cheese, cubed or crumbled
- 1 medium avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, cut into chiffonade
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
for the Coriander Lime Vinaigrette:
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- Combine the tomatoes, cucumber, cantaloupe, cheese, avocado, basil and onion in a large bowl.
- Over medium heat, toast coriander seeds in a dry skillet until aromatic, about 2-3 minutes. Empty on a plate to cool. Transfer to a spice grinder or a mortar and pestle and coarsely grind.
- Whisk together the oil, lime juice, vinegar, honey, lime zest, salt, pepper and coriander.
- Pour over tomato mixture and gently toss. Season with more salt and pepper is desired.