Corn, Roasted Pepper and Cilantro Salad
adapted from the Food Network
for the Dressing:
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Freshly squeezed juice of 1/2 lime
for the Salad:
- 2 cups cooked corn kernels (from 2 large ears)
- 3 roasted jimmy nardello pepper, chopped
- 1 medium shallot, thinly sliced
- Handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Make the dressing: Add the oil, vinegar, honey and lime juice to a deep bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Make the salad: Add the corn, peppers, shallot and cilantro to the bowl. Stir with a spoon until well mixed. Season with salt and pepper. Let sit at room temperature for 10 minutes before serving so the flavors can marinate.
- Dress the salad and serve immediately.