Sticky honeyed carrots with thyme
- 1 bunch carrots, unpeeled, larger ones cut in half
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- a few sprigs of thyme
- 1 cup water
- Heat the butter in a deep frying pan or large saute pan over medium heat.
- Add the carrots, thyme and honey and cook for 5 mins, until the mixture starts to brown.
- Pour in 1 cup water and bring to a boil. Cook until the liquid has reduced to a glaze and the carrots are tender.
- Turn the heat down to low and continue to cook the carrots slowly, stirring, until the glaze thickens and carrots are sticky with goodness.