Nero Tondo Salad with Spicy Honey-Lime Vinaigrette
- 2 Nero Tondos, trimmed, peeled and julienned into matchsticks
- 1 granny smith apple, cored and julienned into matchsticks with skin
- 1 Carrot, peeled and julienned into matchsticks
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, minced
- ½ cup green onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Juice of one lime
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 jalapeño, minced (discard the seeds for a milder dressing)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Combine the Nero Tondo, apple, carrot, mint and green onions in a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl combine the remaining ingredients and whisk to mix well. Adjust the salt and pepper to your liking.
- Toss gently together the vinaigrette and the slaw in the larger bowl. Enjoy!