Brown Butter Roasted Acorn Squash with Crispy Sage
- 1 acorn squash
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 12 Fresh Sage Leaves
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees with the oven rack placed in the middle position.
- Cut the squash in half through the stem and core. Scoop out the seeds using a spoon to scrape the stringy bits from the inside of the squash. Turn the squash cut-side-down and slice into 3/4 inch thick pieces.
- Place the squash slices in a bowl and toss with the olive oil and a pinch of salt.
- Arrange the slices in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet or roasting pan and roast for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown and fork tender.
- In the meantime add the butter into a pan over medium low heat. Slowly melt and brown the butter until it reaches a deep golden color. Watch carefully and stir often to keep it from scorching.
- Roughly chop the sage leaves and add them to the butter and cook until crispy, about 2 minutes.
- Arrange the roasted squash slices onto a plate or platter. Drizzle with the brown butter and crispy sage.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.