Watermelon Radish Salad
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, sliced thin
- 2 watermelon radish, thinly sliced
- 8 oz. burrata or fresh mozzarella, torn into pieces
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 teaspoons fresh green onions, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the vegetable oil in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the shallot and stir frequently, about 5 -7 minutes, or until light golden-brown.
- Remove at once with a slotted spoon and drain on a plate covered with a paper towel.
- Layer the watermelon radish slices around the bottom of each plate. Add the half of the burrata or mozzarella to each plate and drizzle with the olive oil and lemon juice.
- Sprinkle the lemon zest, chopped green onions, shallots, salt, and pepper to taste.