Grilled Summer Squash with Herbed Lime Dressing
- 1 cocozelle squash, washed and cut into 1/2" thick rounds
- 1 bunch basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1/4 cup of extra-virgin olive oil plus more for brushing the grill
- Salt and Pepper (this a great time to break out your flavored finishing salts)
- Heat your grill to high.
- Place half of the basil leaves, the sesame oil, lime juice, and slat and pepper in a food processor fitted with a chopping blade and pulse until smooth.
- Add the olive oil slowly to bring the mixture to a flowing liquid consistency.
- Brush the grill with olive oil using a high heat brush or, alternatively, a paper towel folded in half and rolled into a tube. Place the squash rounds on the hot grill the first side about 2-3 minutes.
- Brush the basil mixture on the top of each round, then flip. Brush more of the basil mixture on the second side and continue grilling til fork tender, about another 2-3 minutes.
- Drizzle any remaining dressing on a plate and stack the squash rounds on top. Serve warm.