Warm Crunchy Snow Pea Salad
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup almonds, sliced thin
- 1/2 pound snow peas, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Melt the butter in skillet over medium heat.
- Add the almonds, toss to coat in the butter, and cook, stirring frequently, until golden and the butter begins to brown, about 2 minutes.
- Add the snow peas and shallot and sauté until snow peas are crisp and tender and darkened in spots, about another 2 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and add the lemon juice, tossing to coat fully.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.