Watermelon Radish Salad with Goat Cheese
- 1 shallot, minced
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 bunch watermelon radishes, washed and sliced thin on a mandoline
- 2 oranges, peeled and segmented
- 1/4 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 6 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- chives, minced
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- In a small bowl cover shallot with vinegar and a pinch of salt and set aside.
- Arrange radish slices on a platter and season generously with salt. Scatter orange segments over the radishes and drizzle with any juice left over.
- Scatter walnuts and goat cheese.
- Pour the now macerated shallots and vinegar over top.
- Drizzle olive oil to taste and garnish with the chives.
- Let the salad rest for 10 minutes before serving